Things I think about when I'm running
The most consistent thing I've done in my life is probably running. It's a form of mindfulness, and combined with audiobooks, it's a pretty great way to spend a lot of time.
That said, it's a pretty significant amount of time, alone with your thoughts. So, here's a list of things I think about, when I think about things, when I'm running.
- What was the name of that film with Joshua Jackson and a werewolf.
- What would London have looked like if they’d gone ahead with changing its layout while rebuilding after the Great Fire of 1666.
- What happened to everyone I went to high school with, and why can I remember less and less of them every year.
- How will the universe end, and will it be one of the five ways that Katie Mack described in The End of Everything (Astrophysically Speaking).
- Will George RR Martin and Patrick Rothfuss finish Game of Thrones and The Kingkiller Chronicle (respectively) before the heat death of the universe, and if not, have they at least written down the general gist of how it plays out somewhere for closure.
- Why haven’t Twitter reached out to congratulate me for being the 6,808th person to join.
- Who was the 6,807th person to join Twitter, and do they also brag about it.
- When starting out running, getting from 0km - 3km is as difficult, if not moreso, than getting from 20 - 40km.
- Did any of us ever really understand css floats.